Did you know there is not such a thing as negative emotions?
(now enrolling clients)
The group is virtual!
Emotions? Welcome to being human. This group that will focus on recognizing, dealing with, accepting, and changing our emotions specifically through the use of the DBT skills: mindfulness, emotional regulation, distress tolerance and relationships skills.
Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) is a form of therapy that focuses on mind body connection incorporating intrapsychic and interpersonal factors. The theory behind the approach is that some people are prone to react in a more intense and out-of-the-ordinary manner toward certain emotional situations, primarily those found in romantic, family and friend relationships.
This group is for you if…
- If you are experiencing intense emotions and it is impacting you negatively (i.e., it is hurting your relationships;
- You feel out of control or overwhelmed too often;
- You deal with obsessive, compulsive, or self-destructive behavior;
- You have difficulty organizing your life; you struggle with transitions, etc.).
Come to this DBT group with whatever emotions you are feeling and learn how to better cope with them so that you can better show love and understanding to both yourself and to others. All emotions are valuable and welcome!
This group will be part psychoeducational and part discussion/processing.
Why is this group different from the typical DBT group?
- This group is experiential. You won’t only learn skills but you will get to practice them in real life.
- Break out rooms with participants where you will get to have the connection with another person going through the same.
- Phone coaching will also be available throughout the week.
- You won’t just talk about feelings, you will learn how to rewire your nervous system.
Starts: February, 2023
Length of time: Evenings 6-8pm for 10 weeks; 2 hours each session.
Format: 10+ participants per group; to promote group cohesion participants are asked to miss no more than 1 of the 8 sessions.
Cost: $80 per session + DBT skills book.
(First half payable before the group starts and the second half before the 5th group session. A receipt will be provided for reimbursement. The CPT code for the sessions is 90853 if you would like to check with your insurance ahead of time.
Please keep in mind that we require a credit card on file.
Client in VA and MD jurisdiction can participate.
Pre-requisite: 15-20 minute free phone screening with group leader to make sure the group is a good fit for you and vice-versa)
Facilitators: Andreea Solfavi, LPC
To register or inquire:
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fill out forms below and submit to email@example.com
Client Payment Information Form (Form is PW protected and securely)
If cancel 30 or more in advance, you will be refunded the full amount. If canceled, 2 weeks in advance, you will be reimbursed 50%. If canceled the week the week the group starts, you will be reimbursed $20.