DCVA Virtual Clinical Consultation Appointments Now Available! (Adults Only)
Finding a therapist can be challenging! Phone calls and emails unanswered, practices are full, and your needs remain unmet. Sometimes, you may not need therapy at all, just redirection by a non-judgementla mental professional.
DCVA Counseling is offering one-session strategic problem solving sessions to provide assessment and direction when you need it most.
What is a DCVA Clinical Consultation?
The DCVA Clinical Consultation is facilitated by a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Lorrie Appleton, LCSW with more than 40 years in the field.
The stages of the meeting are targeted:
1) Problem Identification and Assessment
2) Evaluation PINPOINT psychological and systemic factors contributing to the problem.
3) Action Plan – Summarize and provide next steps and possible resources.
- If you are a parent who is worried about their child’s behavior, using new strategies can postively induce behavior changes in your child. Coaching parents may actually be a more effective direct approach than bringing the child into individual therapy.
- If you have recently had a break-up or rupture in your relationship, venting is not the only option. One-session strategic problem solving can help you move from inertia to action.
- Do you work with difficult coworkers? Have you had a recent conflict with your boss? Targeting the problem can help “flip the script” and find a new perspective.
- Are you concerned your relationship is decaying? Possibly you see divorce looming in the horizon? Being guided to ask yourself the tough questions can provide more clarity and open possibilities.
- Feeling overwhelmed? Learning the root causes of burnout and anxiety can help alleviate helplessness.
DISCLAIMER: This service IS NOT a substitution for crisis intervention or emergencies. If you find yourself or anybody you know at risk, please call 911
How do I sign up?
1- Please fill out the form below and send it to email@example.com to reserve your spot.
2- Pay for the services to confirm your appointment.
Book your one-time session here: $100 plus cc Fee
“Single-session therapy is predicated on the idea that it is possible for therapeutic change to occur when one person has a brief encounter with another person.” (Windy Dryden, Ph.D.)
“Therapy takes exactly the length of time allocated for it. When the therapist and client expect change to happen now, it does.” (Moshe Talmon, Ph.D.)